Thursday, October 27, 2016

Chompin' at the Bit - Vol. 10

Week 8 Preview





It's Florida-Georgia week! This game will be forever known as "The World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party" to me, no matter how many times they try and water the name down. After living in Georgia for a few years, you start to understand very quickly why the hatred for UGA runs deep like it does with Gator fans. Some of my dearest friends are UGA Alum, but outside of them I can't say too many nice things about the puppies. Without going on a tangent and to be as concise as possible, UF BETTER WIN THIS GAME! Outside of playing FSU, this is the game I look forward to the most every year. You won't find a better atmosphere in college football, than this rivalry in Jacksonville. If you like tailgating and a good time, this is something you need to experience at least once. I will warn you that mental and physical preparation is needed if you plan on partaking in the extra-curriculars (refer to the title of the game at the beginning if you're lost). Stay hydrated, my friends!

Our team is pretty banged up on the injury front and the bye week couldn't have been more clutch for some of our key guys to rehab. DE Bryan Cox and LB Jarrad Davis are questionable for the game and losing them would be a huge blow to our run defense. If we can stop UGA's run game, they are in for a lonnnng day :) You already know our defense plays angry and that chip they carry on their shoulder just got bigger. The biggest slap in the face I've seen in a while came this week when DBs Maye, Tabor, and Wilson got snubbed from the Thorpe Award Semifinalist List week. The voters at The Oklahoma Sports Hall of Fame are a joke... not sure what football they have been watching to leave those three off that list, especially Teez and Q with how they have played this year.

Is this going to be Luke's coming out party at his dad's old stomping grounds as Jags head coach? I HOPE SO! I told you I would give him a mulligan for the Mizzou performance, but that's only because I am confident he will come out much sharper this game and will get this W. It would be nice to see a 3+ touchdown performance from ol' Luke this weekend. In all actuality, I just want us to blow them out and make a statement. I am praying for a heavy dose of Scarlett and Perine in the run game as well, but I think Mac is stuck on going running back by committee. I feel good about the overall outcome of this game and just hope we play how I know we can play. O-line... show up and do your job!

Prediction: UF 34, UGA 10 (6-1, 4-1 SEC) 

Have a good weekend. Go Gators!



No comments:

Post a Comment