Friday, November 25, 2016

Chompin' at the Bit - Vol. 13

Week 11 Recap


LSU's QB getttig ROCKED by LB Vosean Joseph at the goal line

A-T-L HEAUX!!! I hoped and prayed that the Gators would pull it out in Baton Rouge and they did just that! UF beat LSU on the road 16-10 in a gutsy performance. Anyone that has ever been around me during a Gator game knows my go-to phrase is, "Let's Goooooooo!!!!!!", and you know I let off a few during/after that game. UF left everything they had out there on the field and walked out as SEC East Champions for back-to-back years. With all of the drama and buildup to this game, this is definitely my favorite Gators win in the last 7-8 years. This team showed so much grit and determination during that LSU game, you can't help but smile when you think about what they just did. With the key guys that we were missing and how they kept LSU's run game in-check was nothing short of amazing. It's always great to be a Florida Gator, but Saturday I was a little more proud than I have been in a long time. It is so hard being patient, but I know that Coach Mac has this program headed back to the promise land.

How about my guy Jordan Scarlett!? That guy is a 'DOG' as my boys would say! Keep feeding him and he will only get stronger! He has clearly separated himself as 'The Guy' in the running back rotation, backed by Lamical Perine. I am glad that Mac has listened to my suggestions :) And how about Tyrie Cleveland!? He and Callaway are going to be too trill next year. I know for a fact they are going to come out slinging it next year so it should be fun to watch. As I have said countless times, there is so much young talent on this team it is hard not to get excited for the future and when they struggle it is frustrating because I know what they are capable of doing. Heck of a win in the bayou, fellas!

Week 12 Recap 




The FSU game.... I can't take watching any more of the offensive struggles due to the lack of a competent quarterback. I'm hurt... I'm sick of losing. I'm sick of losing to FSU even more so. I hate giving any credit whatsoever to FSU, but Dalvin Cook is the truth. Still salty about him not being a Gator so that is the last you will hear me mention anything about him being raw. "IF" we had a QB, that game would have turned out a lot different. But so would the other 3 loses we have had to them recently as well.... What a disappointing way to end the regular season, just as I thought we were starting to show signs of life after LSU.

This will be my last blog of the regular season. It is hard to believe that the season came and went so fast, but I am ready to put this season in rice and get to 2017. Definitely not optimistic about playing Alabama in the SEC Championship, but I will be in Atlanta to cheer on the ol' Gators. I saw the point spread was at 24, but I was thinking that was a little low. As I said last year, "I'm just happy to be here." I appreciate everyone who was with me on this rollercoaster of a season. Be on the lookout for more Gator posts from me! Pray that we get this QB situation fixed in the offseason and that we see some points in 2017.

As always... Go Gators!

No comments:

Post a Comment